Monday, November 8, 2010

The Five Month Dentist Appt.

Well Ok. I wasn't at the dentist office the entire time! But it sure felt like it!! I went to the Dentist (who will now be called Dr. Neighbor. Because He is my neighbor)in June.

He told me that I had 11 cavities and possibly needed a root canal.

11 filled cavities later and a re-root* canal that took 2 sessions... I'm finally done!!!

When I tell people about my 100000 cavities they automatically assume that it is from my diabetes. I am not sure but I don't think that it is directly related, I have senstive teeth, and they are really close together. So even though I brush and floss 2 times a day, I can't get all the stuff out. (gross)I really do think that eating sugar in the middle of the night and not brushing after probably adds to my cavities. But come on... who is going to get up and brush their teeth after a low blood sugar in the middle of the night!!! Not me at least!!


This is my root canal tooth. Its my front right one. Pretty cool huh???

*I had a root canal on this tooth when I was 19, but because I am ME, somehow bacteria got back in there and was causing pain and infection. Which as a person with diabetes knows, that infection causes high blood sugars... and just no fun in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi woman! i love you blogging everyday, it gives me something to read! oh and you should make a new picture thing on your blog with updated pictures of yourself and maybe a very cute niece of yours:) (i hope i used that word correctly!) well i love you sorry about your tooths! love Katherine